Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Word for 2017

Every year at New Year's I spend some time looking back and looking ahead. You see, each year I ask God to give me a theme word for the year, and then I try to evaluate all of my "doings" accordingly. A measuring stick. So when I sit at New Year's and consider the past year, I'm amazed at the lessons I've learned, the challenges I've hopefully risen to meet (and the failures too)...the many ways God has woven the word through my experiences and how He has expanded meaning.

My past words have been:
Change
Opportunity
Focus
Restoration
Empowered

I've been talking to God about my word for 2017. I'm getting pieces but not the major theme yet. I feel like it will involve something with determination and/or hunger. I sense a combination of wonder and gumption and zeal. But that's as far as I've gotten!!! Haha! So...God better give me some more clarity ASAP! ;) 

No comments: