Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Infused Gifts

I'm a part of a charasmatic body of believers. That means we believe in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit available for us today...which leads to an openness to the various "gifts" that are available to all believers.

The bummer is...there can be a downfall...as is true with any avenue of Christian faith. We can step forward with our beliefs, causes, gifts, etc. with some agreements with lesser things. 

We see this in all sorts of areas. People who take a talent or particular persuasion and combine it with pride or fear or control... It might get "our" results, but it begs the question..."Is what I'm seeking in line with the heart of God for this person? 

At a conference for independent, charasmatic churches, the speaker offered an AMAZING challenge. He said that our "gifts" shouldn't be shared with others unless we are in agreement with the love of God for them. 

WOW! 

I mean double WOW! 

When I look at the history of the larger church...the mistakes I've experienced, the mistakes I've made...I have to ask how much more of an impact we would have on the world if we more intentionally aligned with God's heart for others. We wouldn't teach, prophesy, administrate, intercede, and on and on without first accessing and agreeing with God's heart. 

In other words, if we don't have His love, we should shut up! :) 

Oh, yes. I'm loving this. :) 

What I want???...I want to express the gifts infused with God's love for others. Yep. That's the goal. 

No comments: