Saturday, January 11, 2014

Live in God's "Now"

I'm so aware of the implications of our choice to live in this "now" or in God's. Accessing God's presence and living in the realities of His kingdom life and purposes frees us from the desperation that comes from a life defined solely by the molecules and moments of which we are aware.

I look at my own history and see how my surrendering of my unmet needs to the lesser reality put me in a position of having to manufacture and manipulate to try to achieve whatever "wholeness" I was looking for. Desperation not peace. Hurry and stress not patience. A life very much ruled by the "poser" self...far too limited by diminished perspective. 

Something beautiful happens when we can release our needs to God's "now". He can finally be the true answer to those unmet places...and He can open the floodgates of blessing in His right timing. The blessings might come in different packages or timings than we thought appropriate, but when they come...oh yes, they'll have been well worth the wait. 

Live in God's "Now"...yep, a good reminder to start each day in His reality. 

No comments: