Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stress and Perception

Well...what a stressful week and weekend! Good stuff mostly...but sheesh...it never ended.

One of the things I've noticed is how much my stress level and subsequent exhaustion can really impact my perception of things. In the moment it's so hard to remind myself "Hey, remember you are stressed...things aren't likely to be what they appear.". Sigh.

I ended the weekend with a tough challenge to the heart. Add to that the impact of stress and exhaustion...oh Lord, my heart took a spin. Big hot buttons for my heart are embarrassment and being left in the lurch. I guess they both kind of access a weird abandonment place. So...whether or not both of those were truly a part of the situation...my perception was definitely skewed. Sigh.

What's so strange is I was half-aware of the possibility of the stress impact during the whole thing. I guess my introspective nature...a little self-awareness...comes in handy sometimes. So while part of me was fighting massive hurt, the other was trying to remind myself that I could really only be a little hurt, that I could just walk in forgiveness and move on. Sigh.

What a doozy of a heart tornado.

Thank God for God though. I guess I'll leave it to Him to work out...and just rest in Him. Whatever goes on, He is Who He is...the rock I run to. From the worst to the least, He walks with me through it all. Turns out...His perception trumps all. What a peaceful place to be.

No comments: