Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Praying Things Forward in Worship

Here's the "pray things forward" song of late. Sometimes, we enter seasons in which the enemy is very actively pushing and gaining some ground. Our response as loved ones of God can be to stand in the truth of who God is, who we are because of Him...and push back in prayer.

Prayer for me can be a challenge because there are situations I want to pray about but can't find all the words to speak. Visual prayer is what helps me, especially in the context of worship. What I do is surrender my whole mind (intellect and imagination) and whole heart to God and then bring the situation into the context of the music. I sing the words over the situation and picture the situation in context of God's identity and the true identity and calling of all involved. I visualize those involved and the storm of conflict in obedience to and in the grace of the sentiment of the song. It can be a massive challenge if I am singing it over an opponent, but in the end...it is the greatest position of empowerment.

When we can place ourselves in the reality of God and what He is doing, we become more free from limited perspectives or emotional reactions. (Proverbs 18:10...The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.) We can actually gain wisdom in how to act or not. Regardless, we find a place of inner stillness in the storm, and from that place we can declare...push forward...what God's will and way would be.

The enemy hates it...so I do it more. :)

No comments: