Thursday, September 14, 2017

Who Am I Gonna Be?

I was challenged a few weeks ago to consider who I want to be...

We all face situations that push on our hearts/minds/souls/strengths/weaknesses/struggles/wounds. Some offer opportunities of delight. Others can be issues of grief, injustice, attack... It's just how life is.

If you are at all like me, I usually try to engage situations strategically...finding the path to resolution as quickly as possible. I'm a huge fan of finish lines. But...I realized I never stop to view the trial through a formative lens. I don't ask myself what this process could be building in me (or us in the community sense).

It turns out...maybe the goal of the journey isn't as much the specific issue at hand...maybe it's the "becoming" along the way...

So, that's what I'm doing. I have some things that need strategy, but I'm not ignoring the big question along the way.


No comments: