Saturday, September 30, 2017

Tragic Irony

I feel like one of the greatest ironies I will experience in life will be the notion that some of the most resistant to actually living out the realities of love, grace, restoration and unity that Jesus' death and resurrection brought about...may be those IN the church.

I just literally find myself in shock sometimes.

Maybe it's always been this way and I'm just noticing it...but it seems so blatant lately. Public to personal. Watch the news, look at social media, observe how people speak and act in the church and other faith-based organizations...it just seems so apparent lately.

It makes me heart-sick. Disappointed in people. Sad for what could be but isn't...

And I ask Jesus how to be like Him to them...instead of being like them to them. (yep...complicated wording...hehe). I don't have good answers yet...or at least don't have ones that satisfy my disappointment and sadness.

How to love...how to stand for goodness and truth...how to sometimes oppose or challenge those who should be on the same page but aren't...and how to let go...

Jesus, intervene. Help us to live better.



No comments: