Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Take 2 bars of soap and call me in the morning!"

so...here's my latest weirdness.

i've been carrying a bar of soap in my pocket.

HAHAHAHAHA! k, i have to laugh because it even sounds insane to me.

about a week-and-a-half ago my friend leanne told me about a unique pain remedy that she's been trying for her hip. since she knew that my hip was aching due to my speed-walking behaviors, she decided to fill me in on the secret.

she's been carrying a bar of soap in her pocket and sleeping with one under her bottom sheet at the foot of her bed. she prefers 'zest' in a ziplock. :) OH!...but not dial or dove, by the way. apparently, they have too much moisturizer in it.

i have to be honest in admitting that i totally laughed when she first told me. with some exceptions, homeopathic medicine is typically ineffective and/or strange (ground up black flies for a bladder infection?...yikes). so, i agreed to try it, but pretty much believed it wouldn't do a thing.

but it did!

i don't know if it's because of polarities or ions or mental depravity...but when i get achy, i put a bar of soap in my pocket. travel size, of course. it's like my advil without the advil.

a positive?...everyone that i tell laughs at me and tells me i'm a 'freak'...so it's good for learning to take rejection. ;)

another positive???...i smell really...clean.

1 comment:

MotorMouth said...

LOVE the "back to school" hand soap!! and we love you even more for being a "freak"...wave your flag honey!!