Saturday, April 7, 2012

Doing "Everything"

So this year is the year for me. A ton of closing doors to open new ones. A while ago, my sis and I were talking about how we've decided that we can "have it all"...meaning that we are going to live life with the expectation that anything is possible and that nothing will stand in our way. Nice, right? The problem for me has been that I also have held on to a bit too much independence...thinking that "everything" meant doing it all by myself...needing to be "strong" enough to be "more than enough" for all of it. Well...it turns out I'm meant for community as opposed to total self-sufficiency. And that's a very good thing!!!

So...I've been learning to ask for help and accept it as a gift. (For Ms. Independent, that's been a struggle...has seemed like weakness in the past.) And the latest???...paying a kiddo to clean my house!!!! Man, oh man...it has alleviated a ton of pressure!! Thank God!!!

No comments: