Thursday, October 18, 2012

Loss and Loving

One of my very good friends is facing some things a daughter shouldn't have to face...not at this age. Her Dad is in a fight for his life. Every day brings a new set of challenges...setbacks that signal a possible end or hope that things may be improving. It's a roller coaster ride that's brutal on the heart.

So, first...please pray for them! I love them all so much!

Second...it's been squeezing my heart in regards to my parents. The thought of life without them. Reminders of almost losing my Mom to cancer. That, and the ache for my friend's suffering. Ugh...my heart has been full of sorrow.

God keeps reminding me that He is our peace...so this girl is being real with Him and trusting He will bring the stillness and rest that only his embrace can bring...those wide open spaces of grace.