Sunday, July 24, 2016

Keep the peace...not really.

"Let's just do what we can to keep the peace."...

Man, I'm tired of hearing that. Why?

Because what people usually mean is that we need to do what we can to keep things...calm, cool, collected.

No true peace at all...just uncomfortably silent people. Tension 101.

I saw a tattoo once that said, "If you want peace, prepare for war." Right now, that is making a lot more sense to me.

Peace...real peace...is "wholeness, health and harmony"...and it's so precious that it seems like it would be something worth fighting for! Just doing what we can to keep things less rocky is usually NOT in the best efforts of legitimate peace!!!

So, I have to ask myself...am I going to be a "calm-maker" or someone who really stands for (fights for) peace.

Hmm.

No comments: