Saturday, September 6, 2008

Introducing my soon-to-be...brother!

i stole this from his myspace page, so hopefully he won't get mad. :) but this...for those of you that don't know...is my new big brother, jay.

it's a long story with its happy things and sad...but my sister joy and i, along with jay, decided that we wanted to make official somehow what we feel in our hearts.

i don't know what we will do to announce or pronounce it...hopefully something complete with pledges or whatever...AND...a celebration!!!

OH...and...his wife dawn, whom i admire greatly, is a complete hottie...and i love her!

for those that don't know...i've had the privilege of growing up in a beautifully diverse family. my parents demonstrated for us a larger sense of family from the very beginning...letting it be more than blood...becoming a matter of the heart. i was blessed with my beautiful bio-sis, joy, when i was 2-years-old...and she has been the spice of my life, no question. when i was 3 or 4, i was introduced to my older sister shell who showed me even from a very young age what strength there is in sacrifice...even the kind that breaks your heart. when i was 12, i was introduced to yet another big sister, deb. she has just about the biggest heart in the world. later still, we adopted my ethiopian brother tilish...what a sweet and gentle man he was. and all together...this...my precious family...has given me 3 beautiful african nieces, 3 fun philippino nephews, two precious bio-nieces...what amazing gifts!

so...meeting jay...what god has done in the continuation of our stories...it just makes sense. and with that, my family grows all the more!

so there ya go! it is as it should be!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Thank you, I love you.