Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Just Don't Get It...

sometimes i wish love was thicker in the time and space that we fill. maybe i should say...i wish WE would allow the love to be thicker...

it does, after all, come down to our authorization of it's release...or lack there of...

and i guess i'd rather be a vessel than a roadblock...

i have opinions on a lot of things. some strong...some not. i also don't have an opinion on a lot of things. could care less frankly.

the shocker???...not everyone agrees with me! hahaha!

the other shocker???...i actually know that! and i'm not too rocked by it. i'm cool having my opinions...and my entire identity is not rocked by disagreement.

the other OTHER shocker???...as i go and grow, i may actually change my thoughts on things and decide that i was wrong or not as deep as i could have been.

no WAY!...yes WAY!

not perfectly, of course, but better and better...i've actually been finding myself considering what nugget of goodness i can pull from all the varying opinions that fly by me. not that i have to agree...but that i can truthfully listen. doing so actually helps me to get a bigger picture...get outside myself...and even get a teensy snapshot of the real person rather than the glitz and glamour of all the philosophies, labels, groups, etc that we hide behind.

so lately...when people have to play their "i'm offended" card...i just don't get it. seems like a small way to live...sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally agree with ya! :)