Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Note

and this would be part 3 of my captivating retreat update. :)

what ended up surfacing on this retreat weekend was a major cry of my heart...something that i know fuels much of my movement or lack thereof. see, i don't want to have my faith life be one of "mountain top" to "mountain top". i don't want to have these amazing experiences with god only to have to carry the memory of them through the valleys of this life. no, no, no...i want to walk with god. i want to have a moment-by-moment intimacy with him.

i need that to be true.

because i can't go through this life even one more day if it's not.

so.....on the last night of the retreat, we all went to this special dinner. chocolate fountains...yes, fountains plural!!!! :) and on one table there laid about 50 cards. each one was specially made and unique. no two were alike outside and in. we were asked to take a note that stood out to us and peak inside.

so i did. a simple purple note with some ribbon and sparkles inside.

and the moment i opened it...i slammed it shut. i saw a few of the words written inside and knew that if i read it right there, i'd be a mess.

so i waited until later.

and when i opened it...man, i was undone.

remember the first night when i had that song playing in my head? the one where i went outside to sway in the night? well, my note was a page from a book. messages from god to his princess. it talked about intimacy and his heart to get so lost in each other...and it ended with "come away with me..."

oh...my...gosh!

it was him the whole weekend...wooing me, calming me, giving me direction, and then giving me promise.

it was amazing!

No comments: