Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Crappy Day!

well...my work day on friday was TERRIBLE! in my bed before getting up it was fine! i was daydreaming...slowly waking up. ahhh...peace. the moment i sat up, though, it went into a spiralling abyss.

instantaneous dizziness.

followed by nausea.

insert note: i absolutely hate nausea and vomitting. it throws me for a massive loop. i start to panic and freak out. it's not pretty.

well, this was a day where i could not call in "sick". the boss man was at a conference. three of my secondary teachers were on a retreat with my 11th-12th graders, leaving two subs and myself as instructors. plus, i've been having to do this insane mid-year overhaul to the schedule...which has been a massive "no comment" section in my life. so...needless to say, hookie wasn't an option.

so...i spent my pre-departure prep in a mix of vomitting and getting fixed and ready for the day. puke...shower...puke...blow dry hair...puke...make-up... umm...i was a mess.

it...was...terrible.

being sick during a work day isn't the worst thing, but being nausea-sick is actually terrifying for me...so...i prayed and prayed that god would help me.

and he did!

i was able to get some anti-nausea meds which alleviated the queeziness...and anxiety!!!

i did the rest of the flippin' day...and was asleep by 7:30 that night!!!! exhausted. the rest of this weekend has been for re-coop.

relief!!

many thanks to jody and joyful for helping me and talking me off the cliff...

(and apologies for infecting everyone throughout the day...but...no choice!) :)

No comments: