Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Little Visit

So...I've found something a bit peaceful...a place to sit in the questions, expecting no answers but finding some space. The cemetery where little Ben and my Grandparents are buried. It's a ways out of town with great trees and the sounds of nature. The other day I picked up some flowers and some strawberries and went to sit by Ben's grave. I'm sure I looked a little odd, but who cares? (That's a daily thing for this girl...hehe.) I just sat there eating my strawberries, listening to the wind through the leaves and thinking...

I didn't find any more answers, but as I was leaving, I realized that I felt a bit fuller. Not in my stomach...in my heart.

Little visits are good for the soul.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this. It's important to have a place to just go sit and ask questions and think without any answers. Seems like so much of life is more in the asking than in the answers anyway. Thanks for this post.