Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ridiculous Morning

Unbelievable. We planned to do a final bush-hauling extravaganza to clear our neighborhood. It was scheduled, and a variety of people were invited...

Boy, was I excited to get things cleared. It's been rather depressing seeing all of the destruction, but also having people say they are going to do this or that and then not follow through. For a single gal...it makes a challenging situation seem impossible. For a gal that often thinks she has to do things on her own because people can't/don't help...it presents an additional challenge.

So...I get up this morning, bright and shiny, and start gathing brush piles in the lawn. 8am rolls by...no one. 8:15am...still no one. 8:30am...hmm, no one. 8:45am...my roommate comes out to ask why I'm working. Apparently she saw an email the night before cancelling it.

Nice.

How am I supposed to know to check my email the night before???

I can't tell you how pissed off I am. For SO many reasons.

The good news is that a couple of others hadn't heard along with me. They came to work for a couple of hours. Troy had a chainsaw, and that made things MUCH more manageable. He took the big stuff with him! :)

Needless to say, I'll be borrowing my Dad's trailer and hauling the rest away myself when it's not so muddy. I'm done waiting, and it's something I can do.

No comments: