Monday, December 19, 2011

Loving Church

I'm telling you...I really love church! I never thought I'd say such a thing, but it's true!! It's only been in the past few years that I've become convinced how critical community fellowship is to growth/maturing/becoming. Critical and now a total delight.

And I know that God is moving in the "church" all over the place, so this isn't to elevate the church I go to above others. That said...let me go on and on and on about it... ;)

1. I love that my church releases people into their particular giftings. Every human has a "magic" and a "message" that has to be released for the benefit of all. The individual needs the body, and the body needs the individual. 2. I love that there is a balance of love's grace and love's challenge too. Inspiration and accountability. 3. Community Education!!...my church invests in all ages! My favorite is the adult program (just 'cause I like to get away from the kiddos when I can...hehe), and in those smaller group settings people are growing in heart/mind as well as relationships! So valuable! 4. I love that my church doesn't exist to serve itself!!! Loving beyond borders...bringing love all over the place! Whether that's mission work, community service or just plain being a good human to all...it's nice to be encouraged to live bigger.

So ya...man, I love it. I look forward to it all week and miss it as soon as it's done.

If you don't have a home community, come on over! :)

No comments: