Friday, June 1, 2012

Letting Go

If there's one thing God has woven right into my heart, it's the ability to hold on to another. For some reason, He'll tuck a person right into my heart, and not even hell itself can remove them.

Never let go...

It's helpful in a job where we are often "diving into the trenches" to help young people grow, to face their challenges, to step towards their greatness...

But...then comes the day where you have to release them...and it's almost the hardest thing for me to do. It goes beyond what makes sense to my heart, yet it's the absolute right thing to do.

Today is one of those days. The high school graduation ceremony.

I have some kiddos in this bunch that have wiggled their way in...such absolute delights to my heart. Yet as right as it is, letting go hurts a bit. Such pride for what they've accomplished. So many hopes that they'll live big stories. Some fears that they might stumble a bit more than I wish for them.

But I guess love actually puts wind to the wings...and that's never a bad thing. Soaring is what they are made for.

Certainly special to this teacher forever. :)


No comments: