Monday, July 8, 2013

Rare but Finally..

I'll tell ya what...it finally became time to pull out the sharpie. I joke sometimes about that aspect of my personality...where I have to cross a person off my list with the permanent marker. Ending a relationship and putting up serious boundaries, though, is not and should not be an easy thing.

I deal with tons of people in my different involvements...some more difficult that others. With the especially tricky ones, I find I have to remind myself that at minimum I'm paid to have contact. Yikes. The stuff I have to put up with though can get pretty nasty. The educational world in particular...with the interplay of invested parties with varying degrees of health and dysfunction...can be a festering pool of "justified" and uninhibited "ick". So sad.

Anyway...it's been a long haul with a situation, and I finally came to the realization that I just couldn't take even one more minute of the reckless dishonor. The constant drama was wearing on me, and more importantly, I realized I couldn't change or fix a thing. So...I took out the sharpie...and I crossed the names off.

I don't know if that's good or bad, but man, it feels so necessary in rare occasions...and is such a relief.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not a fan of a liberal use of such tactic. There just comes a time when we have to guard our own hearts to such a degree...and release people from our lives.

Tough...but...good.

No comments: