Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a fun morning!!!

occasionally, i get to drive my nieces to school in the mornings. i tell them a time to be at my house in the days prior, and then they call me the night before to remind me (haha...they know me too well). i usually have a sticky note on my mirror to remind me in the mornings, so in my morning haze, i notice that, go and turn on a light, unlock the door and proceed with the "getting ready" rituals.

hannah is usually the first one there. she tries to sneak in and then scare me at the bathroom door. she doesn't know that i have a super-sonic hearing curse and usually know, but i still do my best to be absolutely terrified. it's in the "auntie" job description. jerus comes next. she's couldn't be sneaky if she tried...she begins talking probably before she's even in the door. hehe. sarah, on the otherhand, is the last and most silent. she and "morning" despise each other.

well, today, as each girl arrived, was a total blast. i was doing the hair style thing when hannah showed up. she came in the bathroom in freak-me-out fashion and then went to work finding songs on youtube on my laptop (yes, in the bathroom...what can i say? i like a good podcast or song in the morning.) jerus was next with a ton of stories about a massive variety of topics (she just tried out both sisters' retainers...much to their surprise...which made us all get a little vomit..eww!). sarah came in last with a biology book so we could go over some reading questions.

so there we were...youtubes on the left, biology on the right, talker-girl poking in on all sides...and me with the hair. loved, loved, loved it.

i need a man and some kids. looking into father-children imports...

1 comment:

Jody said...

Yeah, you do...I seriously think my blog posting advertisement that i had a dream about might work!! let me know if it is a go...I could do the screening..lol..love ya and love the neices too!