Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy for my Ovaries!!!

hahahaha...well, if you are a guy, you may want to stop reading...

so, many people know that my mom had a battle with ovarian cancer, as did one of her aunts years ago. my mom (and god) won that one, and my great-aunt didn't. my sis and i are very aware of the possibility someday of encountering this "c"...and every year at when it's time for the physical, i deal with the notion that it could be time to face that.

not fun at all...but it has a way of re-focusing life a little. and that's good.

well, i'm very happy today because i had my appointment with a new physician. my previous doctor was wonderful, but she moved. i've been nervous to not find a good "next" one. but i did!!!! as soon as she was aware of the history, she was all over taking more of a preventative approach. she even said that when i get to my "menopausal years", she'll order the removal of my little girls. ;)

i'm so happy for me...and them!!!

No comments: