Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dying Star

steph introduced this song to me tonight. oh the idols we serve in life!!!...and expect god to be ok with it. we excuse our devotion to other things/people...and justify not loving each other. so, here's jason upton's 'dying star'. the chorus talks about trashing our idols of "you and me" and getting on the threshing floor. god removes our sin so we can be free to have intimacy with him and each other...gotta love repentance! it's the way to the fullest life after all. :)

2 comments:

stephierae72 said...

Just curious? I thought you didn't like prophetic music? Is Jason an exception? ; )

Sarah said...

HAHA! I don't...but that's more the kind that repeats the same thing over and over 51 times with a really boring note pattern. Upton seems to have a little more variety...at least I hope so!! OK...and maybe there are some exceptions to my rule. ;)