Friday, May 14, 2010

The Ones That Weasel Their Way...

I have a real soft spot for my students that have had tough things happen in their young lives, especially the ones that grow up without a parent because of divorce or death. The loneliness they feel overwhelms me sometimes...and they weasel their way right into my heart.

We had a school concert last night for our elementary students, so I went to listen to my nieces' grades. I was walking through the lobby before I went to my seat and spotted an older kiddo of mine...one that has experienced a significant loss in his life. He's a funny kid, but unfortunately we also have an element of tension in our relationship because he often likes to choose the path of "direction". Hehe! Well, a bit out of character for him, he came up and asked if he could be my "kid" for the evening and sit with me.

*gulp* Ya, my heart just cracked.

So, of course, I made sure he had a seat with me and the family. I also bugged him like crazy because he's a joking type...hehe!

Boy, did I feel badly for him, but then again...it was a good reminder that God designed all of us to need humanity...and He designed all of us to be able to give to that need in a genuine and healthy way. We should all get on board with loving each other! No passivity! No hiding! Love right now...

No comments: