Sunday, January 2, 2011

Messy End to Break

This was a really great Christmas vacation...at first. Most of it was great fun and full of relaxation. I was able to catch up with a lot of friends, enjoy wonderful family get-togethers and make some steps towards some goals of mine.

And then the bombs started flying. How frustrating!!

I had a bit of a glimpse into a friendship that definitely is not a safe one. Lots of chatter about personal things going on without my permission. Not cool. Then one of my friends found out her brother is sick with the c-word. How sad and shocking! I've been praying like crazy! Then I had to make some final assumptions in another situation based on no information. Hence, not confident actions on my part. Lack of communication, while not intended, can actually end up being really hurtful. Trying to not "wear" that proves difficult, but maybe it'll just be a good faith lesson in the end. Still hard though. Oh!...and then there was the run-in with a "blast from the past". Ick. And to top it all off...illness.

*sigh*

It's really tempting in times like these to let every negative get time on center stage and become consumed in the cloud of "downers" (like the fact that I "get" to go back to work to deal with some of the stuff/people there...fun times, or that I "get" to deal with some crazy dysfunctions in others...and on and on and on.). We really have to fight that though. It's not entirely true that everything sucks (apparently...haha), so why let our minds go there?

So??? Here's to looking for a glimmer. *dreaming*

1 comment:

stephierae72 said...

Aww.....sorry to hear that your break ended on such a sour note :( That makes reentry even harder.