Friday, January 7, 2011

When We're Wrong

Sometimes we find that people aren't who they say they are...and boy, can that be a huge disappointment. I've had a bit of a slap in the face with that reality of late. It's left me a bit sad and embarassed. Sad because I actually enjoyed what I thought was genuine. Embarassed because I put myself out there over and over again only to feel like an ass. It's just that I find myself hoping in some cases that I'll find that a person is different and genuine and two-way...only to find that I was mistaken. I know that I'm capable of the same hypocrisy. Any of us are. Because of that, I know I can access grace for myself and for all concerned. But for right now...there's a bit of a sting. *sigh* Not sure what else I can do. I think I gave it my best shot though. Maybe that's my personal victory in the matter.

No comments: