Monday, February 20, 2012

God's Offer of Peace

I'm always so shocked to find that the English language fails us in providing the fullest meanings of Scriptures that the original Hebrew and Greek declared (well, and an understanding of context too). It happens so consistently that I wish I had a knack for learning languages and could just read it in the original script. Alas, I'm bound to study up.

Peace...boy, the English meaning of that word pales in comparison to the original form. "Shalom" has such a huge and beautiful meaning. "Wholeness, soundness, full health, tranquility, harmony"...all with God being the source of a limitless supply.

"I will extend peace to her like a river." Isaiah 66:12 Wow!!...He wants to extend wholeness, full emotional, mental, physical and spiritual health, and harmony like a river that never runs dry.

It's becoming my new prayer for myself and others. It pretty much says it all.

No comments: