Thursday, February 9, 2012

On Saying 'Goodbye'

So...here's the thing. There are consequences when the "consumer" mentality is applied to relationship-related areas of life. I see it in work and ministry ALL the time...and to be honest, it...hurts.

What in the world am I talking about? It's basically when people treat others as if they are commodities and/or services. Easy in...easy out. Meet my needs?...Here I am! Stop meeting my needs...where's the door? In some cases it's a necessary thing. Life changes, and it's time to move on. But I'm sorry...all too often...it's a lifestyle of "me" that lacks depth...one that chooses gratification over community...warm fuzzy over challenge...

...one that leaves real people with real hearts behind.

And the icing on the cake?...in some circumstances they don't even have the guts to say 'goodbye'.

I don't know...it's been bugging me lately. I've lost some friends being a ministry-oriented gal. I never get used to it...and maybe that's ok. I guess it means that people mean something to me. But, it's hard to not be angry sometimes...bitter. Sigh.

Hopefully, this too shall pass... I'm sure it will. God's good like that.

No comments: