Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jesus101...Thoughts Intro

I've been thinking a lot about Him lately...goodness, wanting to know Him more and know more about how He did what He did when here. The church likes to talk a lot about theological topics...and there are a ton which is great, but as a whole we don't talk a lot about Him and how we can be more like Him. Yes, we will do the "what would Jesus do?" method of evaluating our choices and behavior, but I want to be "like" him not just in modeling, but in asking "how would...how did Jesus do...?" right alongside the consideration of His desire and will.

* I want to turn my ear to the Father's heart like He did and do what I see the Father doing...intentional mission.
* I want to love from a true source of love, not just a discipline.
* I want to walk in soulful agreement with the Godhead and be a more effective "releaser" of Presence and Power.

So...I've been diving in a bit more. Stepping into the stories, asking Him to show me who He is and how I can be like Him...because...well...I don't want to be a "good Christian" anymore. I want to be a child of God, expressing the heart of God's kingdom and utilizing all the resources of heaven.

And, yep...I"m gonna be a-bloggin' about it. ;)

No comments: