Monday, October 18, 2010

The Challenge

HAHA! Well...how to put this...I Lived!! Those who know me well know how much of a challenge it is for me to be "me". What I mean by that is that it has been very difficult for me to just be myself. Who I am today is far less the "wallflower" than I used to be, but I still wrestle with the challenge to not hide myself.

A great desire and struggle for me is the fact that I enjoy speaking. Women's ministry, kid's ministry, sermons, school presentations...I love it. I love any opportunity to learn more...to grow...in that area. I gravitate towards anything that has a spiritual or character orientation. I also love anything pro-life (as you can tell from my profile). The struggle??...I've occasionally experienced judgment for it...especially from men. Not all men, that's for sure. Some of my biggest supporters and mentors are men...and I so value that. Others though?...I don't know if it's a competitive thing or a pride thing, but I've had some hurts in that department. Speaking has actually become a realm of great joy and great risk for this girl.

Well, I had a surprise yesterday related to that. I don't know what the impression was yet, but at least I didn't pass out or hide "me" too terribly. Great challenge! Nice surprise!

No comments: