Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Why She Says I'm a Gypsy...

Well...I finally found out what this whole "gypsy" business is about (see previous for background). :) I was so confused by my niece's thought that I'm a "real-live" gypsy. I had an encounter with a gypsy in Spain a few years ago when a friend was being pick-pocketed by one. Haha! Yes, I know that the stealing was by 1 gypsy...and that all gypsies are not like this. Even still, I was confused because I'm about as Swedish as they come here. I talked to the teacher this morning, and she said that she actually just showed them two clips of Esmerelda from the Disney movie "Hunchback of Notre Dame". In one, the gypsy woman is singing and dancing, and in the other she sings about her heart for outcasts. Below is the song she sang. So "C" came in after school and I had the clip playing. She said, "Yep, that's you, Auntie". Apparently, I sing with a tambourine and love the outcasts. ;)

No comments: