Saturday, June 4, 2011

No safer place...

...than in the center of the perfect will of God.

Hmm...

I just read this on a friend's FB status, and I'm actually not so sure about that. Ya, it's typical for me to throw a wrench in things. Haha!

I guess I want to know what "safe" means. I do not think that safety equates with never experiencing heartache, loss, catastrophe, or the evil that moves through the world. Goodness, people get martyred for God...not so safe. I actually was asked by God once to think about how willing I am to part with my life for another. I think He was wanting me to loosen my grip a bit so I could be more free. (That or He has a shorter plan for me here. Who knows?) Either way...I'm not sure that my personal safety, prosperity and happiness is God's #1 priority. Not that they aren't important...I just don't think it's the point. What I do think is completely safe with God is my heart. There's no better place for it than in the center of a relationship with Him. Divine intimacy makes it so.

So...safer? No.

Secure, for sure. Full of hope and joy and peace. Planted in authority to unleash His good will...even when that means getting some bruises...

No comments: