Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recording Angels???

Here's an interesting one. My cousin Rachel showed me this. It's a song performed by Jason Upton, and it's rumored to have an angel singing in the background (around 5:00 and on). For a clearer picture, he only has the instrumentalists that you hear on the track and no other vocalists. The audience definitely has a different sound. The counter-argument, of course, is that it's just a reverb sound. Hmm...I've experienced sound-gone-whacko before (even in an accoustically psychotic auditorium), and I don't think this qualifies. There's definitely something odd about it.

It's funny because the sciency part of me says "Jeez, people have to spiritualize EVERYTHING! This has to be something else!". Then again, I've been learning to let my "figure it out" nature not be so hindered by skepticism but be committed and open to unveiling all the wonder and magic in creation. Still, Sciency-Sarah wants an explanation. Then there's the Jesus-lover in me that says "I don't care what this is! Of course, there are angels all around! That's NORMAL!!" It's the "realer" real after all, and we were made for it. I should live with such expectation. Oh well...the cool thing for me is that the sciency and Jesus-lover parts come from the same heart in this girl. They intersect in God's arms. It's an awesome dance.

So...whatever it is...enjoy the song's message to "Fly" and let your mind/heart do some wonderings on the angel question. Hmmm...hehe.

1 comment:

Ethio said...

your science geek sissy heard angels with Jason Upton and saw angels holding up a van--both in Ethiopia last summer....the realer real