Sunday, June 5, 2011

Worship with WHO???

Tonight was Extended Worship at my church...a night where anyone can come to praise God together. A few worship teams rotate sessions, and people come and go. Man, a lot of area churches were represented in attendance tonight, which, of course, I love considering the passion for unity amongst all the churches. (Major on the majors, you know...)

I have to be honest though. I was SHOCKED when I realized I was worshipping next to a few people from...well...THAT church. Haha! Oh man, they drive me absolutely nuts with their theology of "women", treating them more as breeders than humans. The facts that women go along with this, and men preach it, and children are formed within it...ugh...It's been a long-standing frustration to the degree that I'd actually cross to the other side of the street to avoid THEM. Pretty much "back woods", "archaic", and "abusive" would top the list of my grievances...uh-hem...but I digress... ;)

So...worshipping alongside my feminist nightmare was a bit of a challenge...but a good one. We have some serious disagreements, but we have one thing in common. We love Jesus.

Now to convert them to the side of enlightenment...(I'm sure they are thinking the same thing...) Ha!!

No comments: