Monday, June 13, 2011

Turn the Other Cheek

I have found myself to be in a situation where the way that I'm being treated is not in a manner that I feel is appropriate. [It's interesting, the moments that provoke that reaction and those that don't...Hmm.] Of course, my first response is to try to get things straightened out. I like harmony, you know. If unsuccessful, my response is to get angry, to question myself and my actions, and to wonder 'Why can't people live bigger and be more loving?'. It's easy to get bitter from there.

I haven't wanted to go that route though. It hurts me...at my own hand. For some time I have felt challenged to find a way to honor my own integrity by honoring the other. Jesus called it "turning the other cheek".

IT'S REALLY HARD! I wish that the things I feel are personal injustices could be "out-ed", but I guess there are higher purposes at work sometimes. I can trust that. Interestingly, what can also be trusted is the good Father. He's the "with"-God...always there to give direction and comfort.

No comments: