Friday, December 7, 2012

Women and the Church

So...I'm pretty sure it's not a secret. My church lets me be a part of the sermon prep team which means that I occasionally do the Sunday teaching. Now...I have no aspirations to be a pastor, but I love hearts and teaching/speaking. Hence, it's a great opportunity for me to invest in others and grow personally.

My church doesn't have many qualms about releasing women into whatever gifting they have (as they would men), so it hasn't seemed all that odd to me. Every now and then, though, I'm reminded that not everyone in the church at large agrees. Hence...I've been looking into the issue of women in leadership and what the Bible has to say. Goodness...way more "grey" than I ever dreamed...and I love it!! I've stumbled across a few interesting articles, and I decided to post them here.

Notable Female Leaders In The Bible

Why Women Are The Key To The Church's Future

No comments: