Tuesday, May 6, 2008

God's Old-School Lovin'...

for those of you who actually have a recollection of the 90's (being that some who read this were actually born in that decade...oh dear), you may remember a song by a group called "go west" entitled "faithful". oh yes, we be talkin' some old school stuff here...

well, i think i've said before that one of the ways god talks to me is through music. i often will realize, when i pause long enough to listen, that there is a song singing in my heart. sometimes it's directional, sometimes calming, and sometimes god just whispering his sweet somethings to me...

so, god's been having me in a season of detachment lately. and his purpose...always springing from love...is to get me more into the great adventure with him and to release me more in desire. this is a major faith step for me...one wrought with discipline and practice...but isn't it true that some of our finest passions actually come from intense training? so i've been moving ahead. i've seen some major shifts in perspective. i've experienced a renewed fire inside. but i've also had to be wrestling a bit.

but my god who has this dance with my heart that i can't even put words to has been singing this old-school-lovin' song to me and i'm once again overwhelmed. i've been praying some pretty serious and stripping prayers...and my heart just hopes and hopes...but it's a god-based hope...for his dreams and plans. and then i find him just wrapping his arms around me...singing a funky 90's tune ...but his words are aimed for the deepest parts of my heart.

and i realize that the greatest romance of my life is happening right now...with him.

so here's the video...rock out or laugh yourself silly. but either way, my hottie god rules! hehe...


No comments: