Friday, May 16, 2008

The Workout Class

no, this isn't about calesthenics....i wish! this is about my group of seniors who are set to graduate in 2 weeks. a very unique group, but one that has greyed my hair like no other (yes, i have a few strands in the mix...hehe.)
it's about at this time of the year that my alarm sounds...either for great excitement for the kids' new adventures on the horizon OR for sheer terror at the lessons they still haven't (or won't) learn.

and i realized today that my "danger" readings are off the charts...i'm terrified.

it's a wonder that more parents and teachers aren't on anxiety meds at times like these...or in general. and why is the government not offering sedatives at school functions??? perhaps that will now become my area of political concern...
yet when i look at my life, i realize that i have had and will continue to have my own journey. and obviously, all of the external wisdom in the world couldn't shift my path towards some tough experiences and lessons. don't we all have those stubborn areas? so, in my heart i know that it's just their turn.
it's just that i'm a little more concerned about some. you know what i mean...the ones that you know are on autopilot for a "clear and present danger"...a train off the tracks. somehow having them in my direct supervision helped me think they were less aimed and in flight...ahhh, denial. :)
so here's to a little more letting go...and a whole lot of prayer!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Love...love...love your posting today...so true! We are going to make it!! I hope they do too!
J