Wednesday, August 13, 2008

God's Fireworks

i was bummed when i went to sleep last night because the past two nights were supposed to be the best times to view a meteor shower that tends to happen in august. well, the weather hasn't been cooperating with the view (didn't last year either). so, i didn't even set my alarm to get up in the middle of the night because i knew it'd be pointless.

but no...i guess that wasn't the plan. :)

for some weird reason i woke up at around 4am. i laid there forever trying to will myself back to sleep. i kept saying to myself, "i wonder if i should just look outside to see if there are any meteors.", but to be honest it was just too much work to reach for my glasses.

and then it came...this internal nudge..."GET UP RIGHT NOW!"

so at the crazy time of 4:42am i grabbed my glasses, felt around in the dark for something warm to wear, and headed out to my deck. and like a momentary hand-swipe in the sky, there was a peephole to the stars...and i saw...three shooting stars!

and then it stopped. (i didn't even have time to run down and get rach or call anyone who probably would have hated the wake-up call.)

so, i thanked god for letting me see something so cool...and fumbled back to bed.

do you think there are men out there like god? he shows me such cool things...it's a little romantic, to be honest. there must be somewhere. my dad would have showed me that when i was growing up...so there's some hope, right? :)

1 comment:

MotorMouth said...

def, def, def...it's your whale!!