Monday, May 11, 2009

Two More Down!

i had another sermon experience! they let me try out a 2-week series!! it was definitely a challenge for me (as it always is), but i'm so thankful for the mentoring in the process.

there are two big challenges for me each time. the first is the personal battle with stepping into more opportunites like this. it's interesting how even the areas that we really want to be released into can be so terrifying. i find that it actually pulls on a lot of internal junk...but i suppose that's good in the long-run. the other struggle is with speaking to adults. as a teacher, i'm used to talking to kids..and i'm older...so they have to listen to me...or pretend. :) but speaking to adults???...whoa, way intimidating. i'm younger than many of them, so i'm always worried about offending people, having the wrong information, etc.

i really felt like this last series, though, helped me greatly. my mentor-pastors really helped me wrestle with the topic and come to some good conclusions. i felt more confident than i have in a while.

good stuff!

No comments: