Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Pursuer

Well...I had a wonderful experience this weekend at the women's retreat. Ha...I actually had many, but those are for future posts. ;) My own heart has been battling an issue a bit. I've been crying to God about it, hoping he would do something, but it's been frustrating. I ended up at a lunch table with a lady that I've known for years without really knowing her, and I had the fortunate experience of hearing a bit of her story. If only she knew the part of my heart that she was speaking to. I was so touched by her honesty. She had been in a previous relationship that was marked by a ton of dysfunction...not a safe place for her heart in the least. That ended...and she had to go through the tough stuff of seperation. Well...God had a marvelous story for her...life was still left to be lived. After years of a relationship that didn't honor her heart and as a beautiful 40-something gal, she experienced pursuit for the FIRST TIME...and continues to...from a wonderful God-loving man. Well, it's one of my deepest desires, and she spoke right to it. God is so good! :)

No comments: