Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Uh-oh

My students often tell me...well, everything...HAHA!...more than I want to know usually. ;) It is an interesting peep-hole into the home, I must say (taken with a grain of salt, of course...hey, if you'll believe half of what you hear about me, i'll do the same for what i hear about you...hehe). One that made me a bit frustrated the other day...still has me thinking...is a situation where the parents, in going "to bat" for their kid, actually communicated a great deal of disrespect for another adult. The kid now feels a sense of justified bitterness and proceeds to bad-mouth the individual at will.

Not cool.

Man, that could have been handled in a far more mature fashion. They could have defended their child without feeding an atmosphere of disrespect. Guess what???...that will come back in the parents direction most definitely some day (if not already).

*sigh*...the things we teach our kids that we probably didn't intend...

No comments: