Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moving On from "Elementary"...

Hmm...I've been thinking about these verses a lot lately. Of course, if you've read my spiritually-oriented ramblings, you know that I believe faith is so much more than sin/hell and all that. It's been a major frustration of mine that the church tends to linger there. Safer? Easier to control?? Hmm. Well, a friend pointed out these verses to me the other day, and I was so excited! Turns out, the Bible asserts not staying with "elementary teachings". Go figure. ;) So...on to what the "maturity" is all about...should keep my brain busy for a while...haha!

"Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. And God permitting, we will do so." Hebrews 6:1-3

No comments: