Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Priorities

Ugh. I think I need to make some decisions...of the eliminating sort. I'm SO aware that my life is just consumed by commitments and the prospects of more. I work a "1.4" to make more money (the "1.0" alone would be enough to cause insanity). I'm involved with church a great deal (i.e. sermons, Sunday school, worship team). I am involved in two Bible studies (one weekly, one bi-monthly). Then there's the political stuff. *sigh* Some of that is drawing to a close, but there's a new group starting up that I might be a part of. There are the occasional retreats and speaking opportunities too. THEN...there's a ginormous professional thing that I'm beginning soon. It just goes on and on and on... And I haven't even mentioned the people in my life!!!! Or time for myself! AHHH!

Basically...I'm looking at my life and seeing a ton of "doings". And I'm wondering...is this WHO I am?...and who I want to be? Is my "doing" an expression of "Sarah" or just a list of good things to do? Pair those wonderings up with some of the other dreams I have...relationally, professionally, spiritually...am I giving myself enough space to explore and develop? Do I want to...?

Ugh. Thinkings...

No comments: