Wednesday, February 16, 2011

When We're Going Through...

I really have no idea why things go the way they do in life. Sometimes the struggle is removed....even miraculously on occasion. Other times...well...we are going through...

I was trying to find a card today for a friend that just found out her dad has cancer. It was SOOOO frustrating. The sentiments were well-intentioned, but the words...sucked. From the experience of my mom's cancer, the last things I wanted were the statements of positive thoughts and "it'll be ok" that were based more on hopes than reality. Mostly, I wanted to know that I wasn't alone...and in the end that God was never, ever, ever going to let me go...even in the many moments when I raged against Him.

What is interesting is that I actually never got the answers to my questions about why my mom had to suffer or even why God was allowing it. Boy, did those linger even after her recovery. I was able to realize, though, that all of the sense in the world would have never made an ounce of sense to my broken heart. What He gave me instead was music...the kind my soul could climb inside and find peace for just a moment.

So...instead of a card, this is what I give...the freedom to step inside a soul-song to experience His embrace, find a morsel of peace and receive the strength to take one more step through...

AND...I give the promise that I'm walking with you. Love ya!



1 comment:

stephierae72 said...

Well you didn't see the tears tonight when we got together, but they are flowing now. I share your sentiment with the greeting card issue! And thank you for these songs. Be Thou my Vision is my absolute favorite hymn (lyric wise)! Good pick.
Thank you for your love and your care. You are a true friend, and one I always want in my platoon :)