Monday, February 7, 2011

Pop the Bag

One of the absolute highlights of my work day is when my 6-yr-old niece comes in after the final bell rings. She waits with me until her ride comes. I love that time so much because she's still at the age where she likes to sit on my lap and snuggle. Lately, we've also added playing "Angry Birds" on my iPhone to the routine. ;)

Well today, she did her usual, but this time she decided to inform me that sometime soon she is going to pop a plastic bag so it can make a really loud "BANG!". "It's my new goal." (She probably gets that from her dad...hehe.) I told her that I thought that was an excellent idea. ;) Well, as she was packing up her stuff, she found a freezer-style ziplock bag in her backpack which she promptly grabbed to blow up.

Then commenced the most hilarious episode I've seen in a LONG time...

We are walking out to the car, and she's beating on that thing. Wham! Wham! Wham! "Grr, it won't pop!" She finally gets so frustrated that she throws it on the ground and stomps on it repeatedly with her cute little Disney Princess boots. Stomp!...nothing. Stomp!...NOTHING!

Umm...and I'm hyperventilating...

She finally gives up...walks away, leaving the puffy bag on the ground.

"Aren't you taking the bag?"

"No, that's not coming with me!"

So...being the Auntie that I should be, I took her to Culvers for a sundae. Hehe! Phew! We talked about trying other bags and our plan for the next time. The naughty ziplock???...it's stuck in a parking lot with no one to love it. Too bad!

No comments: