Monday, September 26, 2011

The Attack

I have to say...one of the most challenging things about working in a job that involves kids and their parents is the "attack". Any teacher or youth worker knows what I'm talking about. It's the moment, for whatever reason, when the parent/guardian treats you as if your heart towards their child is evil. Woo!...that's a hard one for the heart to take...especially when you know that your love for their kiddos is one of your greatest priorities.

Come to think of it...anyone who works with...well, people...knows what this is like. And I guess I understand that accusers generally do this from a place of their own hurt...still, it's hard. Sometimes I want to just ask where all of this assuming comes from...because it doesn't have to automatically be that way with everyone else in the life story...

Sigh.

Great opportunities for God abound.

No comments: