Sunday, November 11, 2012

"With" in the Valley

"God With Us" in the valley.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me
all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord forever.

Life has its moments, people. Those ones where everything makes no sense. What's going on? What's true, what's not? What is sure is that "God With Us" is real. He goes through the darkest things with us...His here-and-now presence, His authority, His guidance. So we keep our eyes fixed on Him...we trust His ability to shine light where it needs to be shone, to bring truth and freedom...and we follow HIS path as walk through. His promises are true today just like they were on the mountaintop. So...don't get distracted by all of satan's garbage. Fix your eyes on Jesus...and DON'T LOOK AWAY!

No comments: