Monday, January 28, 2013

Wow!

So...clarification FIRST. ;) I try to be pretty balanced when it comes to some of the expressions of the Holy Spirit that tend to exist in more charismatic or pentacostal churches. The prophetic, speaking in tongues, being "slain in the spirit"...all real and acceptable in my book. Misused by some though. Hence, balance.

As for my experience with them, I've benefited from and have received prophetic "words" or messages before. I ask for confirmations as to their credibility because I know that "words" can be emotionally-driven. God is always faithful to do the sorting. I spoke in tongues as a youngster, but I've not continued that into adulthood. I know people who do so regularly, and I'm fine with that. I have, however, never experienced being "slain" in the spirit.

Until this week...

So...it turns out that this experience really isn't mentioned in the Bible. Many have had the experience though. Unfortunately, some "fake" this sort of thing...maybe pressure to perform or serious desire to have it. Hence, my ease with not "needing" it for fullness in my relationship with God.

But Sunday...well, something very strange happened to me. And...it was FANTASTIC!!

I went to the back of the church for prayer during our singing time. Almost instantly, I felt an awesome tingling come in my forehead, go down to my chest and out my back. Everything in me just wanted to follow its movement. Seriously, an awesome sensation. And...peace.

I can't really explain more about it because I have no clue. If it doesn't ever happen again, that's ok. If it does, great! Whatever happened, I knew that I knew that I knew that I felt the presence of the With-God...and loved that my heart wanted nothing more than to follow...

No comments: