Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something COOL!

I've already blogged about the car trauma of February. In a whirlwind I found out my car was going to die and that I needed to figure out how to get a new one. But...working on a "ministry" salary, the situation seemed totally impossible. In reality it was totally impossible. God, however, swooped in and saved the day. Someone called me and felt strongly that I needed to bring it to the Saturn dealer to see what they could do...that decision alone raised the value of my car from $50 to almost $2000. The other dollars were arranged through a huge blessing from others!

Well...I was sitting at my desk yesterday when a student asked me about a picture that I had hung up in December. It was a drawing that a little girl gave me. And I totally forgot about it!!!

Here's what it is...

It's a picture of me saying "Oh no!!". There is another person that she said was my "friend", and there is a car with a big pink bow on it. She said, "This is you and your friend who is going to help you get a new car!".

Ok..in the moment (in December), I just said "Thank you!" and thought to myself that getting a new car would be awesome. But at the time, my car wasn't possessed or dying, so it was just a passing fancy. Looking at it today???...I think God was totally giving me a "heads up" that He had everything in His hands. I'm totally blown away!!

So...here's what I'm thinking...those little thoughts that pass through our heads about saying a kind word or doing something nice for someone else aren't accidents. What encouragement for others right from God's heart!! Letting us know that we aren't alone when the world seems to be crashing down in the particular moment. This little one ended up doing that without even knowing...she was just being herself and drawing what came to mind...and ohhhh how God has used that today to remind me of how amazing He is. :)

By the way...there's a castle in the upper corner of the drawing...ya, I'm totally expecting that now too. ;) And two butterflies, a Christmas tree and a rainbow...

3 comments:

Amy said...

You know, I really *do* think that God uses children to speak to us because children aren't afraid to say the silly or the impossible. I believe the castle for you, too!!

MotorMouth said...

I love that it includes so many things that are you.
Butterfly
Rainbow
Castle
and...
Christmas Tree!!! <3

Sarah said...

Ahhh, you're so sweet! :)